Pages

Find Me At

ExBout&TrellisCafe_Logo1a

~God give me work, till my life shall end And life, till my work is done. ~Epitaph of W.H.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

New Fab Finds & a Lil' 'Splainin'

Good morning, Prim Friends! 
 (The "Splainin'" Part)

I know it's been a very long time since I've posted here on the blog, but if you follow my facebook page, you'll know I've been "away," sick. Yes, "The CRUD" hit our home, and took it's toll on every last one of us, and it did not choose to show even a tidbit of mercy for anyone. Took quite a toll on us all, and "Life" pretty much came to a stand-still as I took care of two sick girls until they were well, then it was the boys' turn.  Two days within the boys coming down with it, it was my turn.  Thank goodness my oldest girl was well by then, or Lord only know how far things would've "went by the wayside," as it was shortly after I began to get sick, hubby also stared coming down with it!  Oh, boy! it was a complete nightmare!  The funny part of it all is that it's so RARE that anyone here ever gets sick, and if so, it may last a day or two (or sometimes three), and then all is well, for the most part, and that's IF anyone catches something going around. This time around, however, was the longest and worst of any illness we ever dealt with; a cold/flu like virus. Good news is, we made it through, and now I am in the process of "getting back to normal" once more -- knock on wood! 

~Fab Finds~
(The FUN Stuff)

So, here I am, back to share some "Fab Finds" that I was able to pick up last Sunday during my bargain shopping hunt.  Since I've had no opportunity to craft at home in what seems like FOREVER, I thought maybe I could shop around for anything and everything that caught my eye.  You know, just some "knick-knacks & whatnots" that I could put in my booth to help fill in some empty spaces, and that would perhaps make some nice Mother's Day gifts.  *wink*

It is time for me to get on the craft train again, though, really.  I have tons of wood pieces I could work on getting painted and distressed, and then I have some vague ideas for some other projects, of course.  I will work on what I'm able, AS I'm able and will surely be back to share more as things get done.  For now, here are some photos of the things I picked up last week.  :D

First, remember these really cool metal candle holders I picked up way back when?  Well, I finally decided to do something with them.
...and this is what I came up with:
...I love them.  Picked these lantern "globes" up for some wood wall sconces I painted to discover that they didn't fit... barely.  So, I placed them on the candle holders, LOVED the look and was going to put them in the Shoppe with some grubby tapers inside, but then... taking everything out to the truck yesterday, my daughter accidentally dropped one of the glass covers, and that was the end of that plan... for now!  ;)  That's okay.  I'll get a new matching pair, THEN I'll take them to my booth (or at least TRY to get them there... in one piece). 

Okay, so now that I've got that story out of the way, here are the rest of the photos from my "Fab Finds" shopping trip.  :)

*Click photos for enlarged view, remember*
Overall photo...

The lidded Turkey dish was too fab to pass up, though it has a very small hairline crack on one side, it's barely noticeable, and would be great just as a display piece.

I LOVED these when I saw them.  I know they are vintage and made in Taiwan and that's about it.  Wonderful little miniatures!

These two jars/vases with basket stands are originally from Pottery Barn.  I simply added the fabric strip bows to dress them up a bit.

Just a couple of "Old Timey" glass milk jars that I, again, added some fabric bows to, then filled with some dried flowers that I also found on my bargain hunting trip.  :)

Vintages Lead Crystal Scalloped Heart Trinket Box from Italy.

I LOVE Holly Hobby, and found a few lovely vintage plates...




Sugar bowl - Japan

Johann Haviland vintage bell - Bavaria, Germany


Vintage dresser/trinket box.  I wish you could see the details better...


Vintage Salt & Pepper Shakers - Like the trinket box (above) the the glazing is all "crackly" and it makes them look so old and neat!  Again, you just can't really tell from the photo.  Bummer...

Vintage mini-cup and saucer.  So pretty , in person.  -Japan



Okay, that's about all I have time for at the moment. 

Have a SUPER Sunday!

♥Blessings♥

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you've all been sick, goodness it got you good. Glad you are getting back to normal now.

    Lots of wonderful finds! Have fun with it all.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Your Comments-Thank You!