Pages

Find Me At

ExBout&TrellisCafe_Logo1a

~God give me work, till my life shall end And life, till my work is done. ~Epitaph of W.H.

Friday, May 20, 2011

FAB FINDS Friday-I'm Back!

Hello there again, friends.  Man!  What a week (or two) it's been!  I feel like I haven't posted in AGES!  I won't bore you with all the details, or "why" I've not been around much, but if you follow me on facebook, you'll know that last week I was just plum tuckered out by the end of the week, and I really just needed a little break.  The prior couple of weeks really took a toll on me, and it was really just time for me to "vegg"-physically and mentally.  *wink*

This week, I've been slacking online, too, but for a completely different reason.  The weather has been so gorgeous that I didn't want to be cooped up inside when there was so much outside that needed to be done, while the blue skies and sunshine lasted!  It's still here, by the way.  Just as gorgeous as ever!  

Over the past few days, the family and I have done a lot of work around the yard, mostly in the back yard.  We even prepared our garden beds, and so far, have the organic corn planted, and as of this morning, I have eight (four each) Brandwine tomatoes and Baxter's Cherry Bush tomatoes started.  Due to the whole GMO issue, we've not eaten corn in over a year now!  Yes, it's true, and no, we're not "weird".  Well, a little maybe, but that's just "how we roll."  :P  Anyway, organic corn is hard to come by, unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for a tiny bag of frozen at the natural health food stores, and since we're just po' folk, trying to make the best of everything we have, and pinching every penny where it counts, that is just out of the question.  Growing our own organic corn is our only "solution" for now, and we praying for lots of it as last years crop was not a success at all. 

So, back to the original purpose of this whole post, and that's to share FAB FINDS Friday, once again.  (So much for not "boring" anyone with details, huh?  Sorry about that...  lol)  The following photos are my fab finds for the past 2 weeks, since last week's was a "no-go."  I hope you will enjoy this week's FAB FINDS and I wish you a very beautiful weekend!

On with "The Show!"  

 I found 3 new sets of nesting/stacking boxes!  These first ones are "textured" cardboard ones.
 These here are also the paper/cardboard ones, but they have "rusty" metal tops.  LOVE THEM!
 This set is perfect just the way they are, BUT I can guarantee you they will not look like this anymore when I'm through with them, which could really upset some shabby chic lovers, I suppose.  And by the way, I too love shabby chic, but I'm a grubby girl at heart, so I gotta do what I gotta do, you understand.  *wink*
 A couple of fabulous pieces of fabric-very large and prim. 
 These recipe card covers will be PERFECT for packaging the hand-dipped grubby silicone bulbs I have planned.  :)
 Of course, I rummaged for and found a couple more FAB tins!  I just love this one!  So "Spring-y!"


 This one is PERFECT!  It's actually a recipe card tin, and another that I will not want to part with so easily, but I can do it, I know I can do it.  ;)


 
 Three different Mason Ball Jars, with lids.

And last, but not least, a great little Hershey's Cocoa vintage-look wall hanger.  I love this thing!
 And that's everything for this round!

Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!  Until next time...

TGIF, Ya'll!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Your Comments-Thank You!